changing the start up - guest account

trisha01 12:27 28 May 07

How do I change the start up programs in the guest account? I don't want messenger and other programs loading up on start up.

howard64 12:38 28 May 07

when logged in the guest account try - start - run - msconfig - top right hand tab - startup - take the tick out of the left hand boxes for the things you do not want to run.

trisha01 01:09 29 May 07

The guest account doesn't have permission to do this - so I'm stuck as to what to do next

Taff™ 06:39 29 May 07

I wouldn`t use the inbuilt Guest account. Create a new user called "Visitor" instead. I`m pretty sure the Guest account is by default a "Limited User" hence you can`t change anything in msconfig.

You may be able to make "Visitor" initially an Administrator, make the changes and then restrict it to Limited for ongoing use.

Sheik Yerbouti 07:09 29 May 07

click here

Autoruns is a nice little free app. which lets you choose what starts and what doesn't with windows. D/L link at bottom of page. *use with care*

trisha01 09:38 29 May 07

Thanks Taff I think creating a visitor account is a good idea, do I need to assign a password to this account? lol I don't trust myself with the Autoruns program!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…