Changing security group template attributes in AD

tonyB1983 15:21 PM 03 Jan 12

Hi,

Am running Windows Server 2008 R2 and would like to modify the properties of a default security group in Active Directory.

Essentially, I need users who are grouped into the "Domain Power Users" security group to be allowed to log on on remotely. I know that there must be a setting under here to do this, because if I remove a user from this group, they are then able to log on remotely, but when they are a member of this group they cannot. Windows forums are typically unhelpful, by suggesting that I "add the user to the Remote Desktop Users Group" which doesn't work (I'm guessing an explicit deny permission somewhere under the Domain Power Users Group overwriting the Remote Desktop Users Group "allow" permission is the reason for this). I've found a tab called "Attributes Editor" under each User / Group but I can't see any settings here that seem to affect remote log on.

I've tried adding permissions via Group Policy but it doesn't work either.

Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites