Changing screen resolution saving icon position

Gary 21:29 14 Jun 03

I frequently have to change my screen resolution because I am designing webpages and want to test compatability with all popular screen modes. My standard resolution in Windows XP is 1280x1024 and I have the icons on my desktop aligned to the grid. When I change down the resolution and then increase it again, the icons have moved all over the screen and do not restore to their original positions which is really annoying!

Does anyone know of any software that would allow me to save the position of the icons so that they return to their correct places when I increase the screen resolution back to its default after using a lower one?

jazzypop 21:37 14 Jun 03

There are plenty available - try click here or click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:43 14 Jun 03

Try right clicking desktop and go to arrange icons/auto arrange.

Pesala 22:47 14 Jun 03

I've seen Shareware, Postcardware, and Freeware before, but Sillyware is really something else: click here Love it.

Gary 00:03 15 Jun 03

Have downloaded and installed IconSaver at jazzypop's suggestion. It's great - just what I was looking for!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…