Changing router password and it got interrupted, Help!

amasters0711 22:21 31 Dec 14

I have a belkin wireless router and I was trying to update my security information with the setup disk. While it was communicating to the router the application got interrupted and now my router wont work. I tried unplugging it and starting it from the beginning but no luck. I call Belkin support and they wanted to charge me for their services.

Any advice would help

rdave13 22:29 31 Dec 14

Usually to restore routers to factory setting you need to find a small hole at the back. With the router on, use a paper clip, or a blunt tooth pick with a smooth tip, press and hold into the reset hole until the router's lights change and steady. Then reboot the router and start afresh.

rdave13 22:31 31 Dec 14

bjh. faster on the draw...

rdave13 22:46 31 Dec 14

bjh. Not sure what you mean? The New Year is just that and I don't care for fewer friends nor hiding in the kitchen for that matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…