changing router

sunnystaines 11:53 16 Aug 09

I have a lynsky router for internet access and wifi link for the wife's lappy.

changing soon ISP talktalk say they wont support my router and its best to use their supplied one.

question.

will i have to set up my family network from scratch with new router or just enter the settings in their router. If what ever router they send turns out to be on the poor side and i revert back to my lynsky router will i need to alter any settings for the new isp when its up and running.
talktalk were vague on this.

Quiller. 12:04 16 Aug 09

will i have to set up my family network from scratch with new router

Yes. You configure the router to gain internet access and security. Then you change the settings on the other machines ( wifi ) to match. Or if you can use the same SSID and WEP or WAP code, it should go with out any changes.

i revert back to my lynsky router will i need to alter any settings for the new isp when its up and running.

You will have to alter the settings for the new ISP, but if you leave the SSID and security settings the same, they should connect.

Any machines connected by lan will connect to either, straight away, when you have put in the new ISP settings.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:21 16 Aug 09

Just change username and password leave ssid and security alone and then all your network machines will connect OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…