Changing Program privileges, or permissions.

Channel 19:09 PM 01 May 11

I have recently added my young grandchildren as users on my Vista laptop, with Parental controls.But I see they have access to my Roboform Password filler, (which is password protected for important sites, but not for all) as well as to most of my programs,including WinOptimiser.When the programs were installed,they were open for all;at that time, only my husband and myself.But I now wish to prevent their use by grandchildren.Is it possible to change permissions ? I've checked in the Control Panel and searched online, but found no help.

rdave13 19:15 PM 01 May 11

See the section Configuring what programs are allowed or are blocked in this Bleeping Computers tutorials.

Channel 20:43 PM 01 May 11

Thank you.I hadn't used Vista's Parental controls, but the Norton Safety Minder free with my Internet Security, which doesn't block specific programs-I think.I hadn't realised you could just block programs on Vista, without using the other controls, but I've now done so, tested it, and it works.(I hadn't found Vista's net controls effective,hence downloading the Norton version.)

rdave13 20:52 PM 01 May 11

Glad your'e sorted. I find Vista's Parental control sufficient for me.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone