changing prefix icons

Furkin 11:46 01 Jun 05

Can anyone tell me how to stop my computer (1) from opening my picture files from computer (2) with a 'FrontPage' (blue background with white arrow)prefix icon ?
Whilst looking into why I can't get my images to work on my www site, I noted that most of my pictures (jpg) have this prefix icon, but F.Page can't open/load them.
This morning, lifted an image from computer (2) with my USB Flash Drive, with normal prefix (which works well on computer 2),,, but as soon as I opened said USB drive on computer 1, it had changed to the white arrow prefix ?
Of course, this will be straight forward to most of you, but I can't fathom how or why this just changes. If I can work this out (or have it worked out for me) then I think that I can get my www site working properly also.
Thanks for reading this
Furkin
click here

DieSse 14:11 01 Jun 05

WinXP?

Right click on one such file - Choose "open with" from the context menu - choose which program you want to open it with - click the "always open with..." box.

Now your files should open with the program you want them to open with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…