Changing Photo resolution permanently

Sapins 16:50 14 Mar 03

Is it possible to change the resolution of photos permanently?

MAJ 16:56 14 Mar 03

Yes, but we need more info on what you're trying to do, Sapins.

anchor 16:57 14 Mar 03

I think I know what you mean, and if so, the answer is yes.

I assume you have some pics on your hard disc or a CD. Open them, in something like Paint Shop Pro. You can resize the image at whatever resolution and dimensions you want. Then save in your choice of format, usually jpg.

Sapins 19:34 14 Mar 03

Hi MAJ and anchor,
Yes I have photos on the hard drive and on CD's.
I want to lower the resolution to make it quicker to E-Mail them. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements so I will try your suggestion with that and let you know how I get on. Many thanks for your help, much appreciated,
Regards Sapins.

hssutton 19:48 14 Mar 03

The images will retain the sizes that you saved them in. ie Before you save. select the size and format you require then click "save as". However IMO it is always better to save at a high resolution and adjust as and when required. If you require to batch convert to a lower resolution a program such as Irfanview should do.

anchor 20:03 14 Mar 03

I see clearly now what you wish to do; I do this all the time to send pics by e-mail. Adobe elements will do this, or I suggest you also have a look at the free programme Irfanview. This will also do it.

click here

Have a look at the free plugins too.

Sapins 08:31 15 Mar 03

Thanks for your input hssutton.
I always take my digital photos at the highest resolution in case I want a good print, thats why I want to be able to lower the resolution. I have downloaded Irfanview and will have a go with it.
Thanks again all of you for your help.

anchor 09:08 15 Mar 03

I also take my pictures at the best resolution, and end up with a file size of 1.1Mb per picture. If I wish to send one by e-mail, I adjust the picture size, resolution and jpg compression, so that I end up with something like 70Kb. (If the recipient has broadband, as I do, then I can make the file size larger).

I save this with another name, so that I still have the original.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…