Changing personal details

Tone 15:33 15 Oct 04

This one is a real funny - it's a problem with PC Advisor!
Having at last been able to move to broadband, I have a new e-mail address. I duly went to the Update Details screen and entered the new address.
On clicking Submit (or whatever) the update screen re-appeared with an error message telling me my nickname (Tone) is already in use and suggesting I choose another. This will divorce me from my previous threads which I would rather not do. How do I get round this?

Stuartli 16:29 15 Oct 04

It's due to the fact that an e-mail address is used for the first part of the login.

If you go back to the Update Details page it states a new password will be sent to you to use with your new e-mail address.

You then have to log out and use the two new login details to return, no doubt to also create a new cookie.

Dorsai 17:37 15 Oct 04

When I went to BB I was allowed by my ISP to keep my old e-mail address, in addition to the new one (dial up and BB being from the same ISP)

So i did not try and change the details.

will your ISP allow you to keep your old addy, assuming no change in ISP of course.

D G 20:45 15 Oct 04

I didn't have any such problems when I changed e-mail address I just got a new password via e-mail and kept same username. DG.

Yedi 21:11 15 Oct 04

I have changed my ISP but Update Details has not picked up my new e-mail address yet has made me change my nickname. Also I have not been sent new password. I can live with this but it means PC Advisor will not be able to send me any more e-mails.

Yedi 21:36 15 Oct 04

I have now managed to get my new address accepted but I am no longer Tone but Yedi - and I liked Tone.

D G 08:30 16 Oct 04

What I have done is open a webmail account specifically for forums and the like, so if I change isp's again I'll not have to change my personal details again because you can use it with any isp. DG

Stuartli 08:55 16 Oct 04

I have three different e-mail addresses - one with Pipex, one with Tiscali and a personal domain version.

All are collected with one connection, whether via Pipex or Tiscali.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5