Changing personal details

Tone 15:33 15 Oct 04

This one is a real funny - it's a problem with PC Advisor!
Having at last been able to move to broadband, I have a new e-mail address. I duly went to the Update Details screen and entered the new address.
On clicking Submit (or whatever) the update screen re-appeared with an error message telling me my nickname (Tone) is already in use and suggesting I choose another. This will divorce me from my previous threads which I would rather not do. How do I get round this?

Stuartli 16:29 15 Oct 04

It's due to the fact that an e-mail address is used for the first part of the login.

If you go back to the Update Details page it states a new password will be sent to you to use with your new e-mail address.

You then have to log out and use the two new login details to return, no doubt to also create a new cookie.

Dorsai 17:37 15 Oct 04

When I went to BB I was allowed by my ISP to keep my old e-mail address, in addition to the new one (dial up and BB being from the same ISP)

So i did not try and change the details.

will your ISP allow you to keep your old addy, assuming no change in ISP of course.

D G 20:45 15 Oct 04

I didn't have any such problems when I changed e-mail address I just got a new password via e-mail and kept same username. DG.

Yedi 21:11 15 Oct 04

I have changed my ISP but Update Details has not picked up my new e-mail address yet has made me change my nickname. Also I have not been sent new password. I can live with this but it means PC Advisor will not be able to send me any more e-mails.

Yedi 21:36 15 Oct 04

I have now managed to get my new address accepted but I am no longer Tone but Yedi - and I liked Tone.

D G 08:30 16 Oct 04

What I have done is open a webmail account specifically for forums and the like, so if I change isp's again I'll not have to change my personal details again because you can use it with any isp. DG

Stuartli 08:55 16 Oct 04

I have three different e-mail addresses - one with Pipex, one with Tiscali and a personal domain version.

All are collected with one connection, whether via Pipex or Tiscali.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…