changing ownership on an acer laptop

giafin 02:58 AM 12 Jun 11

Hi, all.

I would like to give as a present to a realative of mine an acer laptop purchased last year (os: windows 7). I have tried to change ownership from me to him but it is not working totally. I have changed name of laptop's account & on the registry. My my name still pops up. As an added complication, when i start i'm logged in as a temporary user.

What else can i do to delete any reference to my name?

Many grateful thanks to all responders

Giacinto

mgmcc 07:37 AM 12 Jun 11

Dis you create a new Administrator account and then use that to delete your existing Administrator account?

gengiscant 07:49 AM 12 Jun 11

Reinstall Windows 7 is a certain way.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:53 AM 12 Jun 11

Start/Run/Regedit HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion in the left pane.

Then In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOrganization. Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK.

To change the name of the registered owner, In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK/Exit

birdface 11:27 AM 12 Jun 11

I changed the ownership of my W/7 computer a few months back using Fruit Bat /\0/\ fix.so I would follow that if I were you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites