changing ownership on an acer laptop

giafin 12 Jun 11

Hi, all.

I would like to give as a present to a realative of mine an acer laptop purchased last year (os: windows 7). I have tried to change ownership from me to him but it is not working totally. I have changed name of laptop's account & on the registry. My my name still pops up. As an added complication, when i start i'm logged in as a temporary user.

What else can i do to delete any reference to my name?

Many grateful thanks to all responders

Giacinto

mgmcc 12 Jun 11

Dis you create a new Administrator account and then use that to delete your existing Administrator account?

gengiscant 12 Jun 11

Reinstall Windows 7 is a certain way.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12 Jun 11

Start/Run/Regedit HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion in the left pane.

Then In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOrganization. Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK.

To change the name of the registered owner, In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK/Exit

buteman 12 Jun 11

I changed the ownership of my W/7 computer a few months back using Fruit Bat /\0/\ fix.so I would follow that if I were you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message