Changing outputs to see desktop on tv screen.....

The Fat Toaster 18:59 08 Aug 04

Hello,
I'm trying to get my laptop to change it's outputs to a s-video or composite picture so I can shove a jack in the back and see it on TV.

Is the way to do this in the hardware, or can i change it through windows, or even some software to do it?

cheers

Grantrh 19:01 08 Aug 04

If you have a graphics card with a TV out port then you can connect it to a TV.

The Fat Toaster 19:03 08 Aug 04

i have and i can plug the jack in and everything, its just my tv needs to hav an s-video or ntsc input to recognise it.

Charence 19:05 08 Aug 04

If you go to Display Properties and click on Settings tab and go to Advanced, you should be able to select the output. If not, then look on google for a generic driver or driver for your graphics card.

Charence

stalion 19:06 08 Aug 04

if you have a scart connector on your tv you can get a scart connector with svideo connection incorporated in it and use a svideo lead from your computer to tv

Charence 19:07 08 Aug 04

in advanced options, you can choose output format (NTSC or PAL) and you can purchase jacks which convert S-Video to Composite

Grantrh 19:08 08 Aug 04

Have you changed the settings in the display properties part of control panel particularly chnaging settings to 50Hz since most TV use that frequency.

The Fat Toaster 19:14 08 Aug 04

Yaaaaaaaaay

thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…