changing os.

johnamoore@hotmail.co.uk 12:53 18 Sep 09

My computer has a vista home premium 64 bit os. Can this be changed to 32 bit os without having to change chips etc.

nob14 14:02 18 Sep 09

Yes.

Technotiger 14:08 18 Sep 09

I don't use Vista, but as I understand it, you cannot simply convert Vista from 64bit to 32bit.

You would need to purchase and install the 32bit version.

You might get more detail via Google.

Technotiger 14:10 18 Sep 09

BTW, not a good idea to show your email address in an open Forum.

I advise you to click on MY PROFILE above and edit your profile accordingly.

Zeppelyn 14:28 18 Sep 09

If you have the retail version then you should have both but if it came preinstalled then you will have to buy the 32 bit version. Any particular reason you are doing this?

johnamoore@hotmail.co.uk 15:22 18 Sep 09

Zeppelyn. I am purchasing windows seven when it is released with three licences. From what I read I will only be able to register either the 32 bit or the 64 bit and as the other computers are both running 32bit I thought I'd keep them the same. Also, I have had trouble running some of my software on the 64 bit os.
Thank you all for your time, much appreciated. I'll take your advice about my email Technotiger.

woodchip 16:29 18 Sep 09

You should think twice before posting your e-mail on a open forum

sharpamat 09:24 19 Sep 09

This is not a thing I would be keen to try,A lot of 64 bit drivers may not work on a 32 bit system. without knowing what your system,specs,and what you use it for, its impossable to know if you will gain or lose.

you say you have had problems running some software on your 64 bit system. I havent come across any that mine wont run.Some I have had to use the compability wizard on. Even a couple of really Old versions that I like the ease of use of were actually Win 95.

As for 3 licences on Win 7 Im one of the those who wants to see what I am getting before I spend My Money.And untill its realeased no one can be sure. From what I read on Microsoft there will be a family Pack to enable activation on 3 computers. in a family.

But I fully expect microsoft will charge more and I would be supprised if the standard version can be used on more than a single system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced