Changing from onboard graphic card to new in PCI

Wizz the Wizz 22:55 11 Jul 03

I am at present using an onboard graphics card.
I have installed a PCI card and run driver cd.
Tried running with PCI card connected resulting in blank screen. Had to change back to onboard connector.
Checked display adapters which said of new card that windows detected a problem with the display driver, try reinstalling. (Did this with no change)
Discovered AMIBIOS SETUP :Primary Graphics Adaptor set for OnBoard AGP.
Can change this to PCI card but am concerned that if card is not installed correctly I will still have a blank screen, and will not be able to access the onboard graphics card, and therefore unable to change AMIBIOS settings.
Advice requested

woodchip 23:01 11 Jul 03

Go to Device Manager if you have two Display Adapters showing, on your old onboard Adapter remove the tick "Exists in all Hardware Profiles".

In the other make shure there is a tick

woodchip 23:02 11 Jul 03

PS then reboot

dfghjkl 23:06 11 Jul 03

changing the bios setting will not give you a blank screen in bios,you need to change it to give it a go,what is your mobo and what is your card,sometimes they are not compatable,try setting first as you can change it back

woodchip 23:13 11 Jul 03

Not all motherboard's will allow you to disable the Graphics in bios or with jumper that's why I posted the above

lester1 23:42 11 Jul 03

Yup if you follow woodchips advice it should work, or at least it did for me when changing fron on board sound to a PCI card.

Wizz the Wizz 00:05 12 Jul 03

Up and running in less than an hour from my request for help.
Great Site!
Great Members!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…