Changing Network set up

barrydol 13:23 PM 31 Jan 11

Hi advice needed please. My current Network set up is a Belkin Router wired to my Virgin modem via my Desktop PC, I have 3 laptops linked to the router via the wireless network. Im getting rid of my Desktop PC. If I then link the router directly to the modem would the Network still work ok? Thanks in advance.

Strawballs 15:06 PM 31 Jan 11

Yes that is the usual way of doing things, the way you had it is unusual because you have to have your desktop on all the time.

Just unplug everything Inc modem and leave for at least 10 min better half hour then connect the router to the Modem and switch the modem on first and leave until the ready light is on constant then turn on the router and leave that to settle down for about 10 min then all the laptops after that.

barrydol 20:19 PM 31 Jan 11

Hi Strawballs, your right I did have to keep my desktop on, but thats the way the belkin manual told me to set it up! Anyway thanks.

Strawballs 12:13 PM 05 Feb 11

I must admit that is a very strange way for them to advise. Have you sorted it now then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…