Changing my sound card

lester1 00:37 03 Jan 03
  lester1 00:37 03 Jan 03

I have a pavilion PC with a Rockwell sound/modem card. How do I change to a Soundblaster 5.1 card?

Lozzy 02:19 03 Jan 03

1. Buy the sound card.

2. If the original sound card id an onboard one disable it in Control panel and in the BIOS

3. Insert the new sound card in a spare slot

4. Insert the installation CD

Job done

Lozzy 02:20 03 Jan 03

I omitted to say make sure your earthed before attempting to open the casing otherwise you will may have more issues than you bargained for

dez fowler 03:35 03 Jan 03

leave your computer plugged into the wall with the wall socket and computer hardware switch turned off, the case is still earthed through the plug socket

now just make sure you keep in contact with the case whilst messing about inside, which you'll find is the easiest way to keep your hand steady whilst manoeuvering cards into slots anyway

wawadave 04:36 03 Jan 03

warning do not leave it plugged to wallsocket well working on it ever.

Chaz10 10:48 03 Jan 03

A simple cheap way to keep a computer earthed is to get an old computer power cable and remove the live and neutral pins from the plug(bottom 2) attach it to the computer again and you will be earthed without the risk of being fried!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…