Changing my password on your website

douglas1973 15:01 15 Oct 08

How do I change my password on your website?
By the way, words to the left of your search box are superimposed. They have been for a very long time.

rawprawn 15:10 15 Oct 08

Clicl on "My Profile" Top right to change your passwoed.
Not sure what you mean "Superimposed"

douglas1973 15:33 15 Oct 08

Thanks rawprawn. The words "FREE book ...." partly covers the word SEARCH to the left of the search box. Curiously this only happens after I have logged in.
Yes, I suspected that the way you have suggested to change my password was the way to do it but I don't think it is very obvious for the silver surfers like me!

birdface 15:43 15 Oct 08

Free book is underneath the search bar.

rawprawn 16:16 15 Oct 08

Depending on your graphics "Free Book" partially covers the Search Bar, it does on mine. I did complain numerous times when they changed the layout, but nothing happened.(I was OK until then)
I think it is a graphics fault on individual computers that causes the problem not anything PC Advisor can do about it.
douglas1973 if thats a clue then you are no where near as "Silver" as me;))

Forum Editor 16:19 15 Oct 08

Please email me directly if you have a question about the functioning of the site - you can do so quickly by clicking the link that says 'Contact Forum Editor' in the grey bar at the top of this (and every) page.

D@ve 16:24 15 Oct 08

To those with trouble with the words overlapping by the search bar, have you got the font size set to normal in your browser?

douglas1973 16:34 15 Oct 08

Forum Editor: My apologies for not submitting this problem in the correct manner.

Others:I find it difficult to believe that this fault is something to do with my computer/monitor settings. I can't recall having seen a similar probem in all the sites that I have visited which must run into the thousands.

rawprawn 16:38 15 Oct 08

Hi D@ve, yes all is normal. I run Text at Medium and IE at 97% but I have tried it at different sizes without any improvement

rawprawn 16:40 15 Oct 08

I have just changed the text size to "Smaller" and that solves the problem, although it is not as easy to read for me.

rawprawn 17:44 15 Oct 08

Thank you for your input, I am now sorted. I am running IE at 100% and Text at Smaller.
I think I can handle that OK.
The only comment is that as I type this the text is (seems) smaller than that which has already been posted.

douglas1973 sorry I had no intention of Hi Jacking your thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…