Changing My Broadband Provider

DavidM4 13:24 05 Nov 05

I have finally got out of the AOL Broadband strangle-hold and want to start a new one with (don't laugh) Tesco, how do I do it with no dial up modem, I still have the ADSL modem that came with my AOL, can I use that?

ACOLYTE 13:25 05 Nov 05

Should be able to,as they should provide there own software,you may still need the modem drivers if you have uninsatlled it.

PaulB2005 13:28 05 Nov 05

I can't find a number for you anywhere. Maybe go to a friends or InternetCafe to register.

DavidM4 13:29 05 Nov 05

when I try to register Tescos it try to dial thru a dial up modem and not the ADSL modem.

PaulB2005 13:30 05 Nov 05

You can't use it as you don't have an ISP. Neither can you use your dial up modem.

Do you have a Tesco's disk?

DavidM4 13:31 05 Nov 05

sorry mate, I don't get ya

DavidM4 13:31 05 Nov 05

yes i have the disc

ACOLYTE 13:57 05 Nov 05

Run the disk this should install the tesco sofware,make sure it is BB software your installing not the dial up software.If you ADSL modem is installed it should see it and dial with that,on a side not i think i read somwhere that AOL lock the modem to shere software,i dont know how true that is.

Stuartli 14:39 05 Nov 05

Can't recall who supplies Tesco's BB service (Virgin?) but always thought it is very expensive.

DavidM4 16:22 05 Nov 05

18 quid a month for 512 with no cap, didn't think that was bad.

DavidM4 16:25 05 Nov 05

the problem I have got now is that I am signed temporarily to dial up PAYG and want to up grade to the 512 BB package but it tells me my phone line is blocked by AOL even though I have sucessfully (hooray) cancelled my AOL account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…