Changing multiple frames with a single hyperlink

Gary 21:28 05 Jun 03

I have set up a webpage with a frameset. I need to have some links which change more than one frame at once and have successfully achieved this. However, the way it works, changing one frame then another (immediately after each other, and in response to a single hyperlink click from the user) creates a problem if the user clicks the browser's back button, because only the second frame to have changed goes back - and the other frame gets out of sync. with it.

I have been looking at this webpage (please click here) as it describes a possible solution. However, I have not been successful in getting it to work. Can anyone tell me if there are any mistakes in this script or find a way of making this work themselves? If you can, please email - I'd be really grateful if anyone could send me some working html files that I can adapt/edit as necessary.

Thanks, Gary.

jazzypop 23:09 05 Jun 03

The deafening silence in response to your question may be because all the Web gurus are busy browsing the dedicated Web Design forum on this site.

For now, the forum is cunningly concealed, but the trick is to look at the bottom right hand corner of this thread and look for the drop-down list that starts with Helproom. Click the down-arrow, then click WebDesign.

I suspect that if you re-post your question there, you will get a better response :)

An alternative is to click the 'Contact Moderator' button, and ask him to move this thread to the WebDesign forum.

Gary 10:06 06 Jun 03

I did know that the Web Design forum existed because I'd seen it in the list of forums available for searching at the top, but could not find out how to access it. I think I may have solved this issue now, and will post back here later on today to confirm - otherwise I will post again in the Web forum.

In the meantime PCA, why don't we have a full set of links to all the available forums on the top navigation bar of the site?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…