changing motherboard and processor

Jim Sadler 03:23 17 Apr 05

I am about to change my Asus A7N8X-X socket A motherboard (nForce 2 chipset) and Athlon XP 2500 Barton processor for an Asus K8N-E deluxe socket 754 board (nForce 3 chipset) and Athlon 64 3200 processor. I will be keeping the hard drive from the A7N8X-X setup which will, obviously, have the drivers for the A7N8X-X on it. Removing motherboard drivers is impossible so can anyone visualiaze any problems when I initially fire up my machine after installing the new hardware.
Thanks
Jim Sadler

aca 07:21 17 Apr 05

Jim

cant help but interested in your old mobo? Post response if Y and how much, will post e-mail
sorry to jump in on thread without solution

goonerbill © ® 08:11 17 Apr 05

you may be lucky and not have many problems due to the fact that the mobo is from the same maker and the chipset is nvidia as well. the worse case would be having to do a clean install.

from previous experience, a clean install would be best, guarantees less conflicts with any other drivers that may be already installed.

Rayuk 09:57 17 Apr 05

You could try following these instructions,although reinstal is always the best to clean everything up.[unless you have to much to lose,dont forget toi back upimportant stuff first.]
click here

Jim Sadler 17:56 17 Apr 05

Thanks for the advice, especially Rayuk's URL. Sorry, aca, but I'm going to upgrade my son's machine with the old Asus board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…