changing motherboard

jollee 22:48 15 Nov 05

i've changed my motherboard like for like, but i am experiencing a slight problem in that the monitor doesn't turn itself on. the motherboard is a ecs k7vmm+.
any help would be appreciated

Skyver 22:56 15 Nov 05

On board graphics or additional card? If it's a card, is it AGP or PCI?

woodchip 22:57 15 Nov 05

If this is exact the same but cannot see how as even BIOS will not be from same batch. check the graphics card is in the slot as it should be. Also check you have not bent a monitor cable pin

jollee 22:59 15 Nov 05

its on board graphics

woodchip 23:03 15 Nov 05

the board may be faulty. Try removing all drive power plugs and any cards fitted see if it will go to DOS and BIOS setup

woodchip 23:04 15 Nov 05

PS check all jumpers on board are like old if mobo's are the same

Totally-braindead 23:06 15 Nov 05

I presume from what you are saying, that the monitor doesn't come on at all, not even at the start when the BIOS screen first appears before it loads windows. If this is the case then I would suggest that either some of the pins on the monitor cable are bent as woodchip suggest or the monitor cable is not seated correctly or the motherboard is not powered up and therefore is not providing a signal. Check all the cables before you do anything else, unplug and refit them in case there is a bad connection.

jollee 23:08 15 Nov 05

everything is the same. would a faulty hard drive cause the problem?

jollee 23:10 15 Nov 05

the monitor works on my other system fine.

woodchip 23:11 15 Nov 05

As I said remove the power plug to see if it brings up DOS setup screen

Totally-braindead 23:12 15 Nov 05

Even if the hard drive failed you would still get the initial screen before it came up with something about hard drive failure and you say theres nothing on the screen at all so thats not it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced