Changing Laptop CMOS Battery

Eargasm 13:04 12 Mar 11

I have a Toshiba Equium A100-027 Laptop, it boots fine and windows works no problem, except the clock is always wrong, if I set the windows time it works and loses no time as long as the laptop is switched on.

The next time i switch on the clock is at the time of my last shutdown. When I enter the bios and set the time the clock is not running.

Is this likely to be a CMOS Battery fault or a motherboard fault ? If it was just a battery fault then i thought i would have a cmos error fault when booting, but it boots into windows just fine without error.

I thought I might try a new CMOS battery but i am not sure of the location can anyone tell me how easy it to change on this model , as I understand some are soldered on to the motherboard?
Thanks

MAJ 13:36 12 Mar 11

Some laptop batteries can be difficult to get to and, as you say, some are soldered onto the motherboard. It appears that the RTC (Cmos) battery in your laptop can be recharged. click here

Eargasm 13:42 12 Mar 11

Thanks for the link MAJ but it says there will be a error on boot up if the battery is low i have no errors on boot, which makes me think it is a motherboard fault.
Time to sell for bits on Ebay i think. Thanks

MAJ 13:55 12 Mar 11

That (Ebay) seems a little drastic, Eargasm. If you've reached that stage it might be worth looking for the battery and having a go at changing it anyway. You never know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…