Changing language for menus + dialogs, Win2000 Pro

Pier1 15:27 08 Apr 03

I'm on a PC previously used by a German person who changed the language for all the dialogs and menus into German and I need to change it back to English. I looked in Regional Options in Control Pannel, and there doesn't seem to be an option for it on the General tab (where I understand it should be), just the 'Your locale' option.

recap 15:38 08 Apr 03

This does sound like the previous person has installed a German O/S version on the computer. You may need to install an English O/S version.

If I am wrong with this then look down next to the clock, you should see a blue square with a white D in it. Click on this to see if you can change the language from here.

Pier1 15:43 08 Apr 03

I'm pretty certain it's an english version. The german guy was just a temporary user, he didn't own the computer and this version would already have been installed before he came...

Pier1 16:23 08 Apr 03

recap 19:41 08 Apr 03

You could try re-installing Windows and selecting the English version.

Pier1 12:21 09 Apr 03

No, I'm afraid reinstalling is not a viable option in this case

Pier1 15:55 09 Apr 03

Pier1 18:15 09 Apr 03

Pier1 22:50 09 Apr 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…