Changing a keyboard to UK from US

  Red Devil 19:36 09 Sep 06


A friend of mine has her computer's keyboard set to a US one even though she has a keyboard with a UK layout so that any time she types " she gets @ and vice versa, etc.

Seeing as it's been a long time since I needed to set my keyboard to a UK layout I can't remember what it is I need to change in the Control Panel.

Can anyone help me out here?


  Gongoozler 19:39 09 Sep 06

If your friend has Windows XP, then go to Control panel - Regional and languages - Languages - Details. The keyboard language is there. You may find it a good idea to remove the US language because sometimes Windows reverts to US.

  VoG II 19:40 09 Sep 06
  Sapins 19:44 09 Sep 06

Control panel/Regional and Language Options. Change to English United Kingdom.

  Sapins 19:45 09 Sep 06

Must get a faster keyboard.

  smonoco 19:47 09 Sep 06

Why faster?

  Sapins 20:47 09 Sep 06

Because Gongoozler and VoG™ beat me to it:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac