Changing keyboard layout in XP/Word 2000

MichaelPaul 16:21 29 Sep 04

An extremely stupid question: I have, since my last French class six months ago, completely forgotten how to change the keyboard layout to US International to make accents easier. I can do 'UK English' and 'US English'on the formatting bar, but that's not what I'm looking for and I can't find the relevant instructions in the Help file. Assistance, please.

Satmansq 16:49 29 Sep 04

For Windows XP

Click on 'Start' then 'Control Panel'double click 'Regional and Language Options'

Once this is open click on the 'Languages' tab, and under 'Text Services and Input Languages' click 'Details'

This is the area for changing the language of your keyboard, or adding a language that you can switch to when required.

MichaelPaul 17:19 29 Sep 04

I'd already tried that: what it does (and I may be doing something wrong) is to give me the US dictionary (so that it accepts e.g. 'color') but not the US International Keyboard, so that `a gives me precisely that instead of a with a grave accent. More advice, please!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…