Changing the keyboard language

Venezia 14:54 02 Dec 03

Adding to my last message, I've used Regional and Language options in Control Panel (XP, by the way) and there is no option to change the keyboard to English UK. All other languages are listed except the one I want. Any solutions?

Salinger 15:01 02 Dec 03

You shouldn't ADD to your last message by creating a new one, it only confuses the issue. Stick to the original thread. Look for Keyboard in Settings>ControlPanel

Stuartli 17:58 02 Dec 03

There IS the option - perhaps you haven't used the drop down menu properly.

Djohn 18:07 02 Dec 03

In XP go to control panel, choose "Date/time/regional options" and click on that. Then "regional and language options" then language tab, then "details" button.

From the menu choose English UK and for keyboard, English UK. j.

byfordr 23:57 02 Dec 03

I remember with installing XP I selected all options for UK (English language) but yesterday I noticed a doco displaying in English US format. At the bottom of my screen on the toolbar is a capital EN. Clicking on it enables me to toggle between US and UK settings.

R

DieSse 00:17 03 Dec 03

The option won't be there if it's already in use.

Can you see it in use in the window on the left - are there any more in use - perhaps you have UK and US installed, but the US set as the default?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…