changing isp:any advice on

wots it all about 21:46 24 Nov 05

Hello. I am thinking of changing ISP from BTyahoo, so I did a comparison on click here They came up with good results for and Pippex. Does anyone have any experience of Griffin as I havent heard of them before. I see Pippex is highly thought of by forum members too, and would welcome any further current info. Thanks!

Stuartli 23:40 24 Nov 05

Apart from your link, I've never heard of Griffin (but there are many similar outfits) but, in the long run, the long established and much respected Pipex will most likely prove the better bet.

Pipex was founded in 1991 and initially concentrated on business rather than domestic customers, but has since developed to be one of the major players in the field in both spheres.

It initiated some of the major technological and investment advancements in developing wider use of the Internet.

wots it all about 09:49 25 Nov 05

Hi Stuartli
Many thanks for that, I did think Pippex would come out tops.
I think I will wait to see if anyone else has an opinion.

Stuartli 10:19 25 Nov 05

I've been with Pipex (PAYG) since 1996 and my son has had its broadband service for around three years and his speeds have always been exactly as offered.

That's it. Just one contact in both cases with the ISP and that was by me.

The reason. I got a spam e-mail a year or two back and advised them. I've never had another such e-mail since...:-)

Now if you want my views on Tiscali's broadband service...:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…