Changing ISP when using Vista Windows Mail

Graham1958 13:20 PM 14 Dec 12

Hi, I am about to change address and my ISP. I am currently using bt as my provider and my email address is tied in with them. If I change ISP am I bound to lose this address?

Secret-Squirrel 13:31 PM 14 Dec 12

"If I change ISP am I bound to lose this address?"

Yes you will Graham.

However, if want to keep it and don't mind paying a small subscription then here's what you need.

Graham1958 13:45 PM 14 Dec 12

Secret Squirrel, I owe you a beer. That should give me time to get another account set up and get everything swapped over. I know it would be easier with a hotmail or whatever account but I just can't give up windows mail!

Many thanks.

hastelloy 19:02 PM 14 Dec 12

I use Windows Live Mail for both my hotmail and gmail so you don't need to give it up.

rdave13 19:11 PM 14 Dec 12

It's Windows Mail in Vista. Changing ISP won't alter Windows Mail but to still use BT's mail in Windows Mail client Graham1958 will have to fork out to retain the email addy until he can change his email to a web based type and can inform all of his contacts of the change. Gmail is one that easily integrates to Windows Mail. AOL mail, the same. Then you have Hotmail,,

CurlyWhirly 19:53 PM 14 Dec 12

Well I left O2 over 12 months ago and I'm still using their o2 email address !

I'm with Sky broadband now.

rdave13 19:56 PM 14 Dec 12

CurlyWhirly, you're talking BT now.

hastelloy 18:18 PM 15 Dec 12

Just to clarify my earlier post (7.02 pm 14/12) - I would give up BT's email and go to gmail which works well with Windows Mail. You don't have to give up Windows Mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know