Changing IE main page?

Housten 11:42 AM 18 Aug 11
Answered

Good morning!

Or rather not, it is really raining heavily here!

Anyway, I have committed a real stupid. I installed an 'Ashampoo' programme and I did not notice that it changed the page I log onto when I click on the internet. It is now something that looks very like - but much smaller than - Google but I wish to have my Tiscali/TalkTalk page back! Yes I know I am sad but I have had a tiscali address for many years and I quite like it for all the problems I have with it. I thin I could do a roll back to, say, yesterday but I have just changed/cleaned my registry and I don't want ( or rather would not ) to have to do it again. Anyway any help/advice/information to correct my error would be very much appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

john bunyan 11:54 AM 18 Aug 11

In IE9, press tool button (a yellow cog wheel top right in toolbar). Select internet options and put in the default you want in the home page section.

Housten 12:04 PM 18 Aug 11

john bunyan,

Brilliant!! When I saw your answer I thought "It can't be that easy, can it?". Well yes it was was, have now changed it back and it is working fine!! Many, many thanks for your help and for the speed of your reply!

Housten 12:06 PM 18 Aug 11

PS If I knew how to say resolved I would! can someone tell me how to get this done so other readers know I am OK now?

john bunyan 12:10 PM 18 Aug 11

Housten I think you right click in the right hand column under Likes # 0 and a green tick appears. Glad it's sorted!

Housten 16:35 PM 18 Aug 11

john bunyan,

All I can say is : Not half as much as me! I can assure you. I tried to do as you suggested and was told I couldn't vote for myself! Anyway I hope someone sees this who knows how I can mark this as resolved and lets me know. I think it would, probably, be quite useful!!!!??

Nontek 16:45 PM 18 Aug 11
Answer

Click in right-hand column below the grey thumbs-up sign. A green tick should then appear.

Nontek 16:46 PM 18 Aug 11

PS - I meant to add, along-side what you decide is your best answer.

Sea Urchin 16:47 PM 18 Aug 11

To resolve the thread click on one of the grey tick marks to the right of your posting - it will turn green (that's it).

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites