changing to HTML

turnip 60 02:43 03 Jan 03
  turnip 60 02:43 03 Jan 03

I have built a website using frontpage and i tried to publish it with my server NTL and they dont use the frontpage extensions. Is there a way of changing all my work into HTML code without rebuilding from scratch and learning the code.
I am sure i have seen a program that you can click on something and it changes everything to HTML or vice versa.

beeuuem 03:14 03 Jan 03

As I don't use Frontpage I don't know if this is effective but it looks the sort of thing thst you are looking for. Good luck.
click here

rsturbo 03:17 03 Jan 03

replace the frontpage components with free/sponsered components from different website design help sites, post back what components you have used i'm sure we could help you find free equivalents.
Not heard of program that does as you require but who knows?!

dez fowler 03:25 03 Jan 03

what type of extensions are you using?

the point of an extension is that it allows you to do things that normal HTML can't do and therefore you wont be able to do a straight forward conversion to HTML.

you'd probably be best off checking what type of technology your web provider does support and rebuilding your site accordingly

try using a different web atuhoring tool like Macromedia's Dreamweaver, that way you can avoid most of the traps you fell into on the last outing

michelleuk 06:04 03 Jan 03

I don't know anything about frontpage, but normally when you view a website if you right click your mouse button and then scroll down to view source that will provide you with the html code. (Unless someone has put a block on viewing the source).

I assume with frontpage you are able to see your work as a website? as in what it would look like once uploaded? If so the view source should work, then all you have to do is select all of the text and copy and paste into a new notebook page. Then save it as index.html, then page1.htm, page2.htm etc etc.

If you can send me a copy of one of your pages and I will give it a go and change it into html. Though I'm not brilliant and I'm still learning, hence not knowing about frontpage as I did mine from the basics of learning html as I went. Send it to me by email and I'll see if I can help

Take Care

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…