Changing Hotmail plus to Hotmail

Cooter 15:24 09 Dec 04

Hi, I have rather naively been paying £20 a year for my Hotmail plus email account up til now. Can I change this to the free service while still keeping my old email address. I cant seem to find these details anywhere online. Thanks alot in advance.

john-232317 16:00 09 Dec 04

Not sure they will let you do that.But cant you take a chance and close the account, then open the free one straight away and hope you can get your old addy back, or modify it slightly before you close it.

Cooter 16:36 09 Dec 04

yes I was thinking that but I wasnt sure how their systems work, if I closed my original one and opened up a new one would it allow me to use a duplicate address even though the original one was shutdown.

Modo 17:02 09 Dec 04

Pay up. It is worth if for being able to get access through Outlook or Outlook Express.

Combined with Outlook or Outlook Express it is great for filtering spam. You just drag what you really want in to Outlook proper. You can then save and back it up in folders your .pst files. What you don't want you leave on the server and not on your computer.

john-232317 19:59 09 Dec 04

I still access my hotmail through OE at no cost...

john-232317 20:02 09 Dec 04

my son used to let the account slip quite regular, but just opened it again with the same name. Only you loose the old mail.

Cooter 23:55 09 Dec 04

thanks people will continue to look into this for the time being

Modo 09:16 10 Dec 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…