changing host

Gillv 15:46 29 May 08

My web designer is also my host. I do not pay any subscription and have no contract. How do I get someone else to host my site?

crosstrainer 16:05 29 May 08

Depending on what kind of site you have, your ISP will normally allocate you space to host your own web site.

However, if your site is of a commercial nature, you would have to pay for the hosting.

Forum Editor 16:08 29 May 08

that suits you. There are lots of them, and if you need any recommendations I'm sure a quick look through our Webdesign forum will turn up plenty.

Once you've signed up with a new host you need to tell your web designer to retag the name to the host - you'll find the necessary tag name on your host's site. You must also tell the host to request the name. Once your designer has retagged the name it will transfer across to your hosting account, and that's that.

If you need any further help or advice - either with choosing a host, or with what to do to get the name transferred, I suggest you post a new thread in the WebDesign forum. You'll get lots of help there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…