Changing home page

oldun11 11:15 08 Jul 06

Just bought new philips freevents X52 happy with the laptop except home page is set to Philips.com and am unable to change it. I am running windows xp home, AVG and zone alarm which have never made changing home page difficult on other machines I have had. Any help or solution greatly appreciated

ToniMac 11:27 08 Jul 06

When you say you cant change it, do you mean you go to Internet Options menu and it wont let you amend?

Sethhaniel 11:31 08 Jul 06

general tab - use current (or whatever address you require for your own home page)

oldun11 14:50 08 Jul 06

I have tried all the usual methods using the options menu but home page reverts to philips.com

VoG II 14:50 08 Jul 06
  oldun11 22:39 09 Jul 06

have downloaded programme from link but had message when it ran that it had failed with figure 5 but thanks for trying to help begining to the think it will need a wipe and start from scratch.

johnshaw 12:21 10 Jul 06

Try Registry Clean Expert from click here

First use the startup manager inside it to check all your startup programs. My guess is there is some program running at the background which keeps change IE homepage to philips. First use the tool to uncheck all startup programs and then restart, change the homepage in IE to see whether the settings persists this time. If yes, then some startup programs are the cause.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…