changing the harddrive on an EIsystem 4430

puma22 17:11 03 Mar 06

Hi, i think the hdd is dead on this laptop so need to change it. first though i'm going to check the cables. Does any know how to get at it? Also i cant find the specs for this does anyone know what to replace the drive with?

Cheers

puma22 08:00 04 Mar 06

Hi anyone able to help with this?

cheers

MidgetMan 09:06 04 Mar 06

Have you tryed looking on the makers website?

MidgetMan 09:09 04 Mar 06

Ok further research shows it is a PC world model there is not a makers website at all, suggest that you take into pc world and get them to look at it.

MidgetMan 09:10 04 Mar 06

or look here

click here={83fc02db-cfe2-4a17-b721-6293437d63f4}&CatID={7eb8e27d-3b7c-45e0-bfb3-6886b4584728}

puma22 10:43 04 Mar 06

Hi, thanks for responding. I have done a google and cant find anything at all. Yes you are right it is a pcworld laptop. I have contacted them already but as it is just out of guarantee, they want £120 just to look at it with the repair and parts on top. I'm sure that it cant be that difficult to swap the drive myself. I just dont know how to get to it or if, like in pcs there are differnet types of drive available.
I cant get your link to work, but thanks anyway

Gongoozler 10:57 04 Mar 06

This is MidgetMann's link click here

For an idea of what is involved in changing the hard drive in a laptop click here

MidgetMan 12:48 04 Mar 06

What makes you think the hdd is dead? perhaps there is a differant solution, post back with the problems you are having we may be able to sort it without the expense.

puma22 16:32 04 Mar 06

Hi, thanks again for getting back to me. This has been a long sarger and have had a couple of threads posted on this. It is not my laptop but belongs to a friend. She downlaoded and paid for winfixer as stated below

VHi, i stupidly followed advice from winfixer regarding spyware and paid for and downloaded their programme. Now the pc wont boot and i get an error page 'windows did not start successfully...' I have tried to rvert to last known good configuration but and taken back to the above screen. Then tried to boot in safe mode. The page changed iwth a list of drivers. But would not go any further and went back to orignianl screen.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

With help from pcadvisor forum we did a clean istall. it seemed to fix it until the laptop was restarted and then we got this:

Hi, after downlaoding winfixer the pc wouldnt boot so witht he help of folks on here i did a restore. I think now that the issue might not have been winfixer as these are the following issues i now have
Wont always boot
wont update windows to sp 2 and get an error message that windows was unable to save data....
keep freezing and crashing
got driver errors - yellow question marks cant tell you exactly where as it wont boot at presnet, but from memeory it was against things like graphics. Tried pdateing the drivers but again it couldnt find the files
To resolve i have tried to run sfc/scannow but i get a message saying that it cannot find the file.
I have also tried a further non destructive system recover and got the error message that no hard disk is found.
The current situation when i try to boot is that i get a blue box with a choice of three things to choos form; floppy, hd, cd. tried hd and it just goes back to blue box.

I have a feeling that the hdd has had it. Am i right?

Any help greatly appreciated!

The general consensus seemed to be that the HDD drive has gone ans as pcworld wanted £120 just to look at it we thought that we might try to install a new hdd ourselves.

What do you think? might it be something else?

MidgetMan 17:59 04 Mar 06

As a last resort try a format and fresh install, make sure that you have all the drivers etc needed. Do not format the hidden partion (if there is on)

It is unlikely that the hdd has had it.

puma22 18:32 04 Mar 06

Thanks!
how would i format the hdd as the laptop wont boot as it canot find the hdd (cant rember the exact phrase it uses)
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…