Changing the Font in Windows Explorer

Pesala 08:40 22 May 03

I remember that one could do this in Windows 3.1, but I cannot see how to do it in Windows ME. How can enlarge the font used for the file list in Windows Explorer?

OK Computer 08:48 22 May 03

I imagine its in display properties, I dont have ME, but normally the appearance tab allow you to change the font/font size for different parts of windows, i could be wrong though

Pesala 09:03 22 May 03

You were more or less right. I had to experiment a bit, but eventually discovered that changing the size of the ICON font did the trick.

Why that should work is anybody's guess, but it does. I will leave this thread open a bit longer, in case someone has an explanation or further tips.

I enlarged the font for other times in the appearance tab from 8 point to 12 point, so menus, message boxes, etc. are all easier to read now.

Pesala 11:04 22 May 03

I found the following settings made text much easier to read, without using too much space.

Active Title Bar; Icon; Inactive Title Bar; Menu; Selected Item; Palette Title: Arial Narrow 14 point

Message Box; Selected Items: Arial Narrow 12 point

Tool Tips: Arial Black 12 point

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…