Changing Font Color in Microsoft Word

Garden nome 16:59 31 Jan 10

Hi Everybody,
I need some help please !!
My daughter lives some 200 miles away and like most daughters needs some help !!
She has Microsoft XP installed on her PC and has the following problem:- She wants to change the Font color in Microsoft Word (for her studies at University). She clicks on the downward arrow next to the letter A on the Toolbar, a color picker pops up and she then selects her choice of color. The indicator under the letter changes to the selected color, but when she types, the color is still the default color (which is black).
Can anyone please help.
Many thanks,
Garden Nome

mgmcc 17:13 31 Jan 10

She needs to "highlight" the text whose colour she wants to change before clicking the "font colour" icon. That highlighted text will then change.

Any text she types *IMMEDIATELY AFTER* the text with the changed colour will inherit the new colour. Otherwise text will remain black (automatic).

howard64 17:14 31 Jan 10

she must highlight the words she wants the colour to change when she clicks on the colour. She could also set the normal colour to the new colour if she wants.

Sea Urchin 17:20 31 Jan 10

Sorry guys - not true :@)

You can open a blank Word document - click on the colour change icon - and then type in that colour.

Sea Urchin 17:22 31 Jan 10

When I say "not true" you are both correct regarding changing the colour of already typed text, but you can set any colour BEFORE typing.

wiz-king 17:26 31 Jan 10

Dont forget to tell her that if she changes the font colour some of them will not photocopy. It may be better to use italics, bold or another font style.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…