changing file extension

kaz_lovin_mike 20:41 18 Dec 05

i have uploaded a video off my mobile onto my computer, and the file extension was missing. I then accidently changed it to .JPEG instead of .MPEg and now I don't know how to make it a video file, as it won't open as anything, or in any program.

kaz_lovin_mike 20:46 18 Dec 05

argh plz help me, really need to see this file, for school work!!

Thalmus 21:06 18 Dec 05

i think mobile videos use the .3pg extension

first make sure that file extensions are being displayed. Open your folder then goto tools > folder options, click the view tab and make sure 'hide files extensions for known types' is unchecked.

Then right click your file, click rename and type filename.3gp (where filename is the name of yuor file)

kaz_lovin_mike 21:11 18 Dec 05

ok iv done the fing in tools, but now i can change the file extension, .3pg does not work, nor does .mpeg and wont let me open it in media player at all.

woodchip 21:14 18 Dec 05

Just changing extension will not ever make it work in that extension. It will only work in the one it was created as

Thalmus 21:14 18 Dec 05

sorry that should be .3gp not .3pg

and it won't play in media player if you don't have the right codecs installed, use quick time instead

kaz_lovin_mike 21:24 18 Dec 05

yea i gt it to work as .3gp now!! thank you guys!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…