Changing file extension

bruno 18:21 27 Sep 05

Can anybody tell me how I can change a picture saved in Word2000 with a DOC extension into something else,j peg for instance.I have looked in Irfanview,Picassa,Paint Shop Pro and MGI Photosuite without any luck so far.

octal 18:23 27 Sep 05

It sounds like its an image pasted onto a Word document, try opening it in Word and copy the image and paste it into Irfanview.

GaT7 18:24 27 Sep 05

click here, but it's not free. G

bruno 18:28 27 Sep 05

That is what happened.I was sent a Power point presentation with 23 pics on and I wanted to split them up and save some of them.The only way I could find to do this was by using Print Screen and pasting them into Word.I will try what you suggested.It is not even for me it is my mate who raised this problem!!

Diodorus Siculus 18:28 27 Sep 05

Right click on the image in word

choose copy

open any image in irfanview

choose paste from the menu

That seems to do it for me

bruno 18:30 27 Sep 05

Crossbow...Thanks,but I don't think my mate is worth 69$ of my dosh!

octal 18:33 27 Sep 05

The same applies to PowerPoint, the pictures could well be normal images, if you have the original ones try clicking on them which should highlight them then right click ans Save as. In fact if I remember you can export PowerPoint as images anyway.

GaT7 18:35 27 Sep 05

If it's just a few files the free Demo version may do:

About Universal Document Converter (my first link) Demo version: "Demo version adds a watermark on output images, but allows to test all available functions." - from click here

Another one, ABC Amber Text2Image Converter, click here - "With the demo version of the program, you may test it free of charge for 30 days. If you want to continue to use it after the 30 days, you must register the program. Note that the demo version does not support batch conversion, etc." - at the bottom of the above link

Tell your mate to give them a go, & see what happens. G

bruno 18:40 27 Sep 05

Octal...I have done the copy and paste into Photoplus and it worked but I have lost a lot of detail somewhere.I will look into it and post back if I have any success.The presentation comes as a slide show which fills the screen and right clicking does not produce any useful commands,but I will try to get into it somehow.
Crossbow 7 ...I will have a further look at your links.
Thank you all for the help.

bruno 18:42 27 Sep 05

Diodorus Siculus...I used your suggestion and it worked in Photoplus.Will try Irfanview now and see if the quality is better.

bruno 18:50 27 Sep 05

Quality poor on both.Still,it is more than I had half an hour ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…