changing file dates

heidelberg 13:20 21 Mar 06

I am in the process or reorganising the photos stored on my PC, and have noticed that a few have the wrong creation date attributed to them.This was caused by me setting the date on my first digital camera incorrectly. While this on it's own doesn't really create a problem, the photos concerned are those I took of my first grandaughter during the first couple of weeks of her life. It would be nice to have the dates tie up with the actual dates on which they were taken.

Is it possible to change the creation date easily (easily is important to me!!). I have searched using google and have found one or two rather complex procedures (too complex for me that is!), or some downloadable software which costs a fair amount?

Can anyone suggest anything?

Dave

howard63 20:13 21 Mar 06

I think that in Picasa2 you can change tags or add text

heidelberg 21:15 21 Mar 06

Thanks howard63. I'm probably looking in the wrong place but I can't find tags in Picasa2!

Anyone any other suggestions?

Dave

ACOLYTE 21:15 21 Mar 06

I dont know if this would work and it may be time consuming if you have a lot of photos,but
i have found that if i right click copy/paste a pic to somwhere else then the creation date changes to what ever the pc date time is,so if you set your pc time and date to whatever date/time you need and then copy/paste it should put that date on it.

baldtaco 21:26 21 Mar 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac