Changing fan for a dell dimension 4100

EmBeZzLeR 14:41 10 Apr 05

I was wondering what fan you would recommend for my Dell P3 1000MHz, 512 RAM... The fan seems noisey when the PC's cool and even though i have cleaned all the dust from the inside.

pauldonovan 16:40 10 Apr 05 could do a lot worse than to unscrew it and take it down to Maplin (if you have one near you) and they'll do you one there.

That's what I did and my PC sounds sweet now.

Which fan is it? (Mine had about 4!)

Alternatively you could search net for it.

Once I'd found out the voltage, connector-type (2, 3 or 4 pin etc.) and the size (40mmx40mmx10mm for me) searching for one becomes easy but I went Maplin in the end - 4.99 and it was sorted.

pauldonovan 16:41 10 Apr 05 could locate my recent thread on help forum (think I just bumped it up by closing it) where someone recommended adding sewing machine oil (or similar - NOT WD40!) to the fan as it dries-up apparently.

I didn't much fancy doing that.

I tell you, doing this has got me in the mood for making my own PC - very satisfying!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…