Changing fan on CPU heatsink???

Mysticnas 18:15 30 Apr 03

hiya,

just ordered a coolermaster fujiyama HSF. it's the dual heat pipe copper one.

anyway.

It's only got a 2500RPM fan. Basically it's meant to be a quieter version of a discontinued fan the Everest.

The everest is identical to the Fujiyama aprt from the fact that the fan on it it 6000RPM fan.

Is there anyway that i can change the fan on the heatsink for a faster one.

Although the Fujiyama supports upto and including the P4 3.06Ghz i assume that it's at the native temps for each CPU, which i assume is around the same for all the P4's? so... baaaascily...

i want to overclock mine to just under 3Ghz. Now thats going to be one extremely hot 2.4! will the fujiyama handle it?

1514 18:20 30 Apr 03

Mysticnas, you will probably get more support for Overclocking from the other PCA site ie PC Answers. They usually do articles on Overclocking

Busy 18:21 30 Apr 03

You can easily change the fan on a heatsink by just unscrewing it.I would not use a 2500 rpm fan,too slow.By replacing the 2500 fan on my heatsink with a 5000rpm one I got a load temp drop from 58c on my Asus a7v333 (2200 xp amd) to load of 47c-quite substantial.However by flashing bios the load temp is now down to 38c so I am happy.
Having said that I dont know where you can but heatsink fans on their own-I stole the 5000rpm one from another coolermaster heatsink.
Good luck anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…