Changing E-mail address on this site

Fordy 13:12 17 Nov 05

When I enter a new E mail address and click 'update details' it refuses to accept it stating "this nickname is already being used".
I am not trying to change identities just address. What is the secret ploy?

plsndrs3 13:35 17 Nov 05

I have done this many times without issue. Just changed my email address & updated without any issues at all ....

Are you over typing your user name? I never did.

Fordy 14:04 17 Nov 05

I am highlighting the existing e-mail address and inserting new one and then clicking 'update details'
What more must I do?
If I click update before I start it still says "nickname being used"

plsndrs3 14:29 17 Nov 05

Well, that's what i do. Have you clicked on 'Contact Moderator' button as FE can see this in realtime & help that way?

Fordy 16:35 17 Nov 05

I have left two messages for the moderator - I wonder if he is sending me E-mails! Thanks

sinbad1 16:51 17 Nov 05

maybe you need another nickname for it to work as your nickname still exists

Fordy 11:03 18 Nov 05

sinbad1 -- are you saying that to change my email address I also have to change names>

I am sending another message to the moderator - fingers crossed for third time lucky.

sinbad1 14:48 18 Nov 05

yes if i create a new account then choose fordy it will tell me the name is allready in use and to choose another one.I presume it will be linked to your old email ad.You would need to cancel your old account and submit a new account with different email ad. How you do this i,m not sure

Fordy 19:27 18 Nov 05
  driving man 19:31 18 Nov 05

could you create a new account with a new nickname then change Nickname to your old one

octal 19:45 18 Nov 05

That's strange, I have just changed my email address. I was sent a re-activation email to the new address where I had to click on the activation link, this bought me back to the site where I had to enter my password and click on the confirm button. It was no problem at all, so I don't know why you are having these problems.

Have you tried clearing out your browser cache and try again?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…