changing e-mail address

rins36 19:50 06 Oct 03
  soy 21:15 06 Oct 03

As far as i can see, the ???????34 bit is your username for which you signed up with with BTinternet. I don't think its possible to change your username easily unless you sign up again with a new account with BT internet.

DieSse 21:46 06 Oct 03

Or if you're allowed several email addresses, there should be an access point on their web site for setting up new accounts.

rins36 22:45 06 Oct 03

soy

my username is the same as my e-mail address

DieSse

I can add a mail box, but dont want to do that.

thanks both

DieSse 23:03 06 Oct 03

Most ISPs that I use have a page for administering email accounts - where you can change, add to, make aliases for, etc, email accounts. Does BT not have such a facility??

Gandalph 23:18 06 Oct 03

Go to BT Home page and click on 'Change Details@ you will be able to do it from there. I did this 20 months ago when I moved house and I had no problems.

Gandalph 23:20 06 Oct 03

Sorry. That should have been 'Change Details' and not a @.

Morpheus© 08:44 07 Oct 03

as soy said above, you can change most things but not your username...that you are stuck with, unless you leave BT, then start again....

DieSse 09:00 07 Oct 03

He doesn't want to change his User Name for the internet access account - just his email address - different thing altogether.

Jester2K II 09:06 07 Oct 03

You cannot change the Primary Mailbox name only secondary ones.

Goto click here click "Help with your account" then "Manage mail" then "Delete / rename mailbox" you get this box - click here

The Primary Mailbox name is your account identifier.

if you signed up as ???????[email protected] then that is your account. Someone else might already have ???????[email protected].

As far as i can see you are stuck with the ???????[email protected] account unless you either a) cancel your account and open a new one or b) contact BTOpenworld directly and ask them if you can change.

Morpheus© 09:30 07 Oct 03

so it would appear that half of us read it wrong and half read it right, mine was in the first half.

:-(

well done DieSse, wondered who would be the first to spot that............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…