Changing Drive Letters

rawprawn 22:27 09 Feb 05

I have just copied my old 40 GB OEM drive using Maxblast 3 to a new 120GB HDD. It is all working but I cannot change the drive letters.If I try to change the new one, I am told windows cannot change the the boot of the system or boot volume.If I try to change the old C: drive I get the message the this contains a page file. How do I resolve this problem.

rawprawn 22:29 09 Feb 05

I should aalso say I cannot get the option (on right click) to format the old C: drive.It is greyed out.

AndySD 22:42 09 Feb 05

Turn off the pc and remove the IDE cable from the old drive. On the new drive if you are using ide80 make sure the new drive is connected to the end connector and the jumper is cable select or master. Boot into windows. It should rename it as C. Then reconnect the old drive set the jumper to cable select or slave.

rawprawn 19:29 10 Feb 05

Thanks for your help.Sorry to have been a while but I have been having problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…