Changing to a different ADSL modem.

Meshuga 21:33 10 May 04

At the moment I have an adsl single port external modem on Win XP. I would like to replace this with a Netgear DG834 4port combined Router/Modem so that I can add other PCs later on. This in itself does not present a problem But, can I leave the original software for the single port modem where it is or do I have to uninstall that before installing the netgear unit. My reason for doing so is purely as backup and only one modem would be in use. Any other advice relating to this would also be appreciated. Meshuga.

Al94 21:38 10 May 04

Is your single port modem USB? I have software on my PC for a USB ADSL modem for backup reasons while using a Netgear modem/router with no problems

Meshuga 21:45 10 May 04

Hi Al94. Yes, it is usb, should have mentioned that. Have you any opinions on the netgear model i intend fitting and what model do You have. Regards, meshuga.

Al94 22:12 10 May 04

Mine is the older DG824M which I have had since last Summer. It is absolutely brilliant, dead easy to set up and has given no problems with superb performance. I would recommend Netgear to anyone, I also understand that their customer service in case of any hardware problems is outstanding.

Meshuga 22:18 10 May 04

Many thanks Al94.I have the modem on order. Many thanks for your prompt replies. Regards, meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017