changing default media player to win amp

Turnerminator 20:48 14 Aug 04

Hi

i hate media player, dont ask me why, i just do. On the other hand i love win amp, so, on my new pc, i want to set it as default for everything. I have a keyboard where at the moment on pressing play pause, it loads media player, and i would really like this as win amp. i do not think this is in the key config for my keyboard, as i think it loads the default media player.

could anyone plz tell me how to change this, thanks very much.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:19 14 Aug 04

Look for Hotkey support in the control panel this may tell you how to reconfigure.

kev.Ifty 23:02 14 Aug 04

Open Winamp goto options/preferences..select file types in the left hand pane.

Select "All" option on the right[Associated file types]

Also put a tick in Enable Winamp Agent

You should then find Winamp will be your default player.

Cheers Kev

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:03 14 Aug 04

if you right click a file and select "open with" and then select winamp, there should be a tick box to "always open this sort of file with" or something.

Do this with all the file types you want to use winamp for, it should then become the default.

Also, if I press an unconfigured hot key on my keyboard, I can browse to the program I want it to open. Can you reset this and browse to winamp?

HTH

Tas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…