Changing default language

paddyjack 13:09 17 Jul 05

The problem my daughter in Spain has bought herself a comp locally os XP Home but the default language is Spanish whilst she is copeing just about with numerous emails and MSM, it would be handier if the language was English.

Is there an easy to change the language, or dose it require a complete reinstall? I am here at the moment and have had a go to no avail, but I could be missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Off to the beach now with the grandkids, will check back in a few hours.

Chris Webster 15:52 17 Jul 05

To change the language used for menus and dialog boxes
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Language used in menus and dialogs, click the language you want.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Chris.

DieSse 16:07 17 Jul 05

To change the language properly you need an English copy of XP.

English copies of XP are readily available in Spain (my wholesaler stocks Spanish, English and German versions) - so I suggest she goes back to the shop and enquires whether she can change to an English version

paddyjack 18:52 17 Jul 05

Thanks Chris tried that no go.

DieSse so basically a complete reinstall with a new os a few problems on the horizon as the machine is a Packard Bell from Carrefour. If only people would ask the right questions first.

A fun few days ahead.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:50 17 Jul 05

Windows is American, so there should always be the option to change to English US in the regional settings and languages section.

I did this sucessfuly with a Hebrew based version of windows and used the PC ok while in Israel earlier this year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…