changing channel setting on a router ?

Magik ®© 09:23 18 Jul 05

hi,this has now got to the stage where anything is worth trying, i will not, at this point, bore you with the details....why has a wireless router got a load of channels to choose from? and what difference would it make,if it was changed.........thanks

sidmo 09:47 18 Jul 05

changing channels would prevent interference from other things using the same channel. I had to change mine because I was picking up signals from 2 other routers in my area.

Taff36 10:01 18 Jul 05

I agree. It is just a short wave radio channel. You see it on films where they switch channels to avoid being overheard and the Police for example broadcast on "private" frequencies (channels) - changing channel will not do any damage and you can always switch back.

Magik ®© 10:02 18 Jul 05

thank you both, I will try it.........

Taff36 01:09 21 Jul 05

How did you get on?

Magik ®© 09:53 21 Jul 05

made no diference :-( have now started another thread about the upgrade.. I left it unticked just in case someone came up with something, if i was told the thing was knackered then i would get another one....thanks

Taff36 10:47 21 Jul 05

Let me have a link to the new thread and the others you have referred to about the voyager problems - I`ll have a look.

Magik ®© 11:20 21 Jul 05

hi,this is the latest..

click here

Magik ®© 11:23 21 Jul 05

and another..

click here

woodchip 11:33 21 Jul 05

UK should be set to 11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…