Changing capacity of C and D drives

Amer 14:40 02 Dec 05

Hi

Can Anyone help?

I have a Sony Vaio desktop running Windows XP home.

The hard disc is arraged as a C and D drive. C Drive capacity is 30 Gb and D drive is 120 GB.

I recently used Nero DVD burning software to convert home videos to DVD. However hard I try, Nero defaults to creating a temp folder on C drive to capture video (12 GB at a time) which results in my C drive running out of memory.

So I am now trying to reallocate memory from D to C. Is this possible and is it straightforward? I am not too technically competent so simple language needed!

Many thnaks in advance

Amer Khalil

Thalmus 15:05 02 Dec 05

You will need to invest in a program like partion magic to do this. Ir is fairly stragiht forward to use

click here

tasslehoff burrfoot 15:16 02 Dec 05

when you have selected the video you wish to burn, click More, Click configure, click folders change the temporary folder to one on your larger drive.

Amer 15:29 02 Dec 05

Hi

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Tasslehoff, I did set the default file to a D Drive setting but for some reason, it still seems to create one on the C drive. Are you suggesting I do this just after the video capture phase rateher than at the outset?

Basically I just ant it always to default to D drive

Regards

Amer

pj123 15:58 02 Dec 05

Ranish is free from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…