Changing capacity of C and D drives

Amer 14:40 02 Dec 05

Hi

Can Anyone help?

I have a Sony Vaio desktop running Windows XP home.

The hard disc is arraged as a C and D drive. C Drive capacity is 30 Gb and D drive is 120 GB.

I recently used Nero DVD burning software to convert home videos to DVD. However hard I try, Nero defaults to creating a temp folder on C drive to capture video (12 GB at a time) which results in my C drive running out of memory.

So I am now trying to reallocate memory from D to C. Is this possible and is it straightforward? I am not too technically competent so simple language needed!

Many thnaks in advance

Amer Khalil

Thalmus 15:05 02 Dec 05

You will need to invest in a program like partion magic to do this. Ir is fairly stragiht forward to use

click here

tasslehoff burrfoot 15:16 02 Dec 05

when you have selected the video you wish to burn, click More, Click configure, click folders change the temporary folder to one on your larger drive.

Amer 15:29 02 Dec 05

Hi

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Tasslehoff, I did set the default file to a D Drive setting but for some reason, it still seems to create one on the C drive. Are you suggesting I do this just after the video capture phase rateher than at the outset?

Basically I just ant it always to default to D drive

Regards

Amer

pj123 15:58 02 Dec 05

Ranish is free from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch