Changing boot sequence

dwain02 16:01 16 Feb 03

I am a novice when it comes to altering or tuning PCs, but i have acquired a Siemens Pro D7 which I am trying to set up for my son. I need to format the hard drive since it is full of years of garbage and I need it to boot from a windows 98 CD to re-install an operating system. The problem I have is that I don't know how to make it boot from a CD rather than a floppy. When I boot up the system I don't see anything that will allow me to enter setup and if I get into the bios settings I don't know what to alter. Can any sympathetic soul help a frustrated and pressurised dad? I thank everyone who has tried to help recently. but I wasn't as precise as I could have been over what my problem was

Diemmess 16:10 16 Feb 03

I know the feeling!............
This advice is non-specific.............
To enter the BIOS try repeated pressin of Esc. or F2 and there are others (quite a lot) someone else add to the list.

Once there follow the margin prompts to navigate around (no mouse) enter will select and PgUp Or Pg Dn will often work without the arrow keys.

You can back out by using the Esc. key anytime and always have the option to exit save or abandon changes.

In one of the early screens look for something like First Boot Device. Use PgU or PgD to toggle through the alternatives to find CDROM.
If you have a second device choice make it Floppy, and when.... at last the new installation is ready to run, go back and make the HD the bootable choice.

GORAL 16:16 16 Feb 03

Watch the sirst screen at boot-up, there is usually a line at bottom left on how to enter Setup. The key most commonly indicated is the Delete key.

GORAL 16:17 16 Feb 03

first screen (sorry)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…