Changing BIOS settings from WIndows XP Pro

cosi 13:13 10 May 04

this might sound like a strange thing to want to do. If I describe what i am trying to do, perhaps someone out there knos the answer already.

i want to be able to set the date & time that my PC powers up. my ASUS mobo bios has this ability in the power management screen, but it means i can only set it by restarting. since i usually don't know which date & time i want until after i am in Windows, its a bit of a pain.

so is there a nifty piece of (ideally) freeware that can mod BIOS settings from inside Windows ? or is there another way of setting a power up date & time ?

many thanks

temp003 15:37 10 May 04

Not sure I understand what you mean.

You don't mean just changing the computer's date and time, right?

Do you mean actually getting the computer to start into Windows at a particular time and date?

If so, Windows itself cannot schedule the computer to start, but a workaround is to schedule a task in Windows, set it to wake the computer up, but you will have to put the computer on standby.

Do you use XP?

cosi 15:40 12 May 04

Thanks Temp003. Sorry if I was not clear enough. It is the latter I am trying to do: from completely off to on, at a fixed time & date. There is a BIOS setting that comes with the ASUS mobo I have that can do this. But to set it you have to go interrupt the boot & go into the BIOS. I was wondering whether I could change this particular setting from within XP Pro or with a piece of software that works with XP Pro. Thanks for the idea about scheduled tasks. That's a good way around it - especially if I hibernate instead of standby. The end result should be the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…